Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Indians can never think like Americans

I realize that I have been away from blogging since last few month but then there has been so much to do


Yes, I have been involved in some activities & then had to go through ear surgery.


As shared before, I simple enjoy my leisure time by reading through blogs on money saving, home decoration & kids upbringing & get to learn so many things in an unique way.


Isn't it amazing to see how people worldwide are focusing on recycling, going green & following barter systems among friends & family. Overall, practicing a frugal living.


While reading all these posts, I wonder how can I stop myself from comparing ourselves with them?


I feel sad on the fact, how some of us love & truly believe in flaunting their valuables & assets? We have seriously forgot living beneath our means in fact with the growing portion of income in each's hand is adding more  cars, more flaunting trends & a desire to prove ourselves over others.


On my attempt to follow my inspirations ( at home mom bloggers), I have tried to avoid plastic cups & glasses  & instead use regular glasses & mugs. Though they come with the pain to wash them before you seek another coffee or tea. It surely provides you an internal satisfaction on how you are contributing towards to the environment around you.


Though the contribution is less & limited. We are happy to have thought about it & following it on daily basis.


What are you doing to make this world go green? Any creative thoughts that you are implementing at your work place or home?



 

2 comments:

  1. Hi...

    Thank you so much for stopping by on my blog and commenting! I always love knowing someone new is reading something from my blog : ).

    At my moment my brothers school are collecting 2 litre plastic bottles. They need to collect a certain amount so that they can build a greenhouse out of them..isn't that amazing! Using up the plastic bottles AND creating somewhere for the children to grow their own fruit and vegetables. We recycle as much as we can in our home too.

    I hope to see more of you in the blogging world!

    Gemma X

    ReplyDelete